THIS EVENT IS OVER (from 2012)
Sensei Mark Minarik, 5th Dan from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is coming to town, and while he’s affiliated with the ITKF and not the IKD like we are, he’s still an excellent Shotokan practitioner who is well-known in general and well-respected by anyone who has met him.
This is a unique opportunity to take in a seminar with a very experienced and very personable Sensei from Saskatoon, and all students are encouraged to join in. Brown belts and higher, especially, would find this extra training beneficial.
Where, When, How Much?
St. Paul’s High School Gymnasium, 2200 Grant Ave, Winnipeg
Friday, March 30: 7-9p
Saturday, March 31: 10a-12p, 2-4p
Sunday, April 1: 10a-12p
Costs & Registration:
Sensei Ron has secured us a group rate, which lets you take any two classes and pay a total of $50. Sign up at the dojo.
About Sensei Minarik
Sensei Mark Minarik is a 5th degree black belt registered with the International Traditional Karate Federation, training most of his career under the late Hidetaka Nishiyama.
Sensei Minarik has been running his club under the name “Midwest Karate Saskatoon” since the 1990’s and has developed a strong following over the years.
As an official, He is currently ranked as a Provincial Level A, and an International Level C official with the respective Traditional Karate governing bodies.
As an athlete, Mark Minarik has been involved in the sport since 1978:
* Provincially he has held the title of kumite champion for 10 consecutive years, 1990 -1999.
* He had first place success at the 2001 Western Canadian meet in Saskatoon, and the 2002 meet in Brandon.
* Nationally, he has won meets in Saskatoon, Newfoundland, Montreal and Winnipeg.
* He has been a member of the Canadian national team since 1986 and competed internationally until 2002.
* He has been at world competitions in Austalia, Peru, Canada, Italy and Yugoslavia and in Pan-American events in Mexico, Puerto Rico (where he won two gold), Argentina, Colombia (where he won anouther gold), and Chile.