If you follow us via the Charleswood Karate Facebook page, you have probably already seen the notifications about the fall schedule having been posted for both the General session and the Young Tigers program dates.
But first, there are class cancellations due to holidays to cover.
Classes on the following days are cancelled:
Monday, August 6
Monday, September 3
Enjoy your last long weekends of the summer!
There, now that that’s out of the way…
Fall Schedule Begins September 4, 2012
Tuesday, September 4 is when the Regular Schedule resumes. First bow-in begins at 4:30 PM with a Youth All-Ranks class.
The Young Tigers program for children aged 4-6 is on Wednesdays and Saturdays again this year and is taking registrations now.
The class times for students aged 7 and up are similar to last year, including 11 timeslots that invite white to green belts to come out and train. There have been a few changes to augment the blue belt and higher training experience.
Special Focus Classes During Regular Training
Note, these are only the “special focus” classes listed below. For the complete schedule be sure to check the regular Class Schedule Page.
- Monday, 7-8p: Advanced Kata training for all black belt students.
- Tuesday 6-6:45p: Advanced Karate for Kids (7-12) for students blue belt and higher
- Thursday 8-9p: Kumite training for all students ranked blue belt and higher.
- Every second Wed, 7-8p: General All-Ages, Blue belt and higher.
- Every second Saturday a two-hour Elite Training conditioning class will be held for serious competitors only.
Junior students are welcome to watch advanced classes, and depending on performance in regular classes, may be invited to join in where appropriate.
Black belts interested in gaining mentorship experience and helping large classes run more smoothly are invited to talk to Sensei Ron about attending beginner and youth classes to help out.
See you at the dojo!