If you’re planning on testing in the next 3 months or competing in tournaments, you’ll want to attend these classes regularly!
Youth 6-12 Blue+: Tuesdays 6:00 – 6:45p
This youth karate class for students aged 6-12 and ranked blue belts and higher is now a regular class on Tuesdays from 6PM to 6:45 PM.
Adult blue to brown belts are welcome to attend but focus will be on youth.
Black belt adult students who teach or would like to, should attend to help out and learn some teaching tricks.
All Ages Blue+: Every Second Wed, 7:00 – 8:00p
THIS TIME SLOT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. No Wednesday evening karate classes in 2013.
All Ages Blue+ Kumite Training: Thurs, 8:00 – 9:00p
Every Thursday evening from 8-9pm Sensei Ron will hold an advanced Kyu Rank class focused on kumite for students ranked blue and higher.
Black belt students are welcome to attend, but the focus will be on advanced kyu rank material.
About The Intermediate Karate Classes
Just like the Winter and Spring session of 2012, Sensei said there will be special focus on:
- Basics testing combinations
- Kata improvements
- One-step & semi-free kumite
- Bunkai for black belt testings
- Tournament etiquette
Bring Good Spirit, Bring Questions!
Being able to take advantage of extra training opportunities is a treat to a keen martial artist, and Charleswood is certainly full of keen martial artists!
If you can’t think of questions, ask yourself if you know:
- The full application of Heian Shodan for your black belt test
- What the officials were telling you during your kumite matches at the IDSL
- What the legal attacks and target areas are for kumite
- How to respond when your name is called for testing or tournament
- How to line up for kata, kumite, and kihon during your testing or tournament
Any questions you have, be sure to ask.
See you at the dojo!