If you’re planning on testing in the next 3 months or competing in tournaments, you’ll want to attend these classes regularly!
Youth 6-12 Blue+: Tuesdays 5:30 – 6:15p & , Thursdays 6:30-7:15p
This youth karate class for students aged 6-12 and ranked blue belts and higher is now a regular class on Tuesdays from 5:30PM to 6:15 PM & Thursdays 6:30-7:15PM
Adult blue to brown belts are welcome to attend but focus will be on youth.
Black belt adult students who teach or would like to, should attend to help out and learn some teaching tricks.
About The Intermediate Karate Classes
There will be special focus on:
- Basics testing combinations
- Kata improvements
- One-step & semi-free kumite
- Bunkai for black belt testings
- Tournament etiquette
Bring Good Spirit, Bring Questions!
Being able to take advantage of extra training opportunities is a treat to a keen martial artist, and Charleswood is certainly full of keen martial artists!
If you can’t think of questions, ask yourself if you know:
- The full application of Heian Shodan for your black belt test
- What the officials were telling you during your kumite matches at the IDSL
- What the legal attacks and target areas are for kumite
- How to respond when your name is called for testing or tournament
- How to line up for kata, kumite, and kihon during your testing or tournament
Any questions you have, be sure to ask.
See you at the dojo!