Wow, that happened fast…
COVID-19 has seemingly changed the world overnight.
I wanted to take a few minutes to say, we are just like you, we’re concerned about the ongoing health risks of COVID-19, and just like you, we don’t have all the answers either. So we are going to try to navigate the uncertainty as best we can, and make the best decisions we can with the information we have.
We hold the well-being of our valued students, families, and staff in the highest regards and we want you to feel comfortable continuing to train with us during this uncertain time.
Charleswood Karate will remain open and with a regular class schedule!
According to Health Canada, Manitoba’s rate of infection is considered low, but we are still taking action to keep the dojo safe.
Precautions the Dojo is taking:
- We have increased our cleaning schedule, and have disinfected all surfaces and equipment.
- We will be doing fewer partner drills in class and will be focusing more technique, including kata, and speed and endurance drills.
- We are also closely following Health Canada and Manitoba Health for any information that will help us make better decisions on how to deal with this in the future.
We are asking all students to follow these new Dojo rules:
- Please wash your hands before class starts.
- If you are sick, please stay home!
- If you have left the country in the past 10 days, please stay home!
- Please wash your uniform between visits.
Your best defence to COVID-19 is staying healthy and strong, forget rushing out to get toilet paper, eat well, go get a good Vitman C and Vitamin D supplement, get lots of sleep, and wash your hands thoroughly.
If you decide to stay home until we receive more information, we will respect that, but with the information we have, we believe that we can still train safely with a very, very low risk to our staff and students.
If you are looking for more information on the COVID-19 please review the following sites: