The province of Manitoba has declared fitness facilities can open with some strict restrictions in phase 2.
As we work through developing our protocol for meeting the new restrictions and policies established by the province we are focused on ensuring that all our members attending live classes are safe!
With this in mind we have decided to do a soft open!
On Tuesday June 2nd, we will offer our first in dojo class at 6pm-7pm, however, will be limiting the class size to a maximum of 10 students in the dojo. We will stream this class on Ring Central for all those unable to make it into the dojo!
To attend live classes we require every student to do the following:
- You must register for the class on the Zen Planner app.
- You must complete the following provincial screening questionnaire before attending. https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
- You must be 12 years of age or older for the soft launch.
The rules will be strictly enforced, if you are not registered for a live class on Zen Planner, or haven't completed the online screening tool, please do not show up at the dojo!
Friday we will be offering a Zenshin (advanced skills) class at 5:30 - 6:30 pm in the dojo as well.
Again class size will be limited, the same requirements apply, however, this class will not be streamed live.
Please remember the following
- Do not reserve a spot unless you know you are going to come to the class.
- Reserve your space in the Zen Planner App or from our website.
- Please bring your own water bottles filled, there will be no access to the water cooler.
- For everyone's safety, hands must be washed & sanitized when you arrive.
- If you have a cough, temperature or feel unwell in any way, please refrain from coming to the dojo. Complete the screening tool!
- We are marking the floor (according to social distancing rules) everyone will have their own space, you will be asked to maintain that space during training.
- Cleaning will be done before and after each practice.
- No more than one person at a time in the change rooms so be prepared, wear your gi or have patients.
- No handshaking or hugs please, but a friendly bow is always appreciated!
We are obviously all excited to get back onto the dojo floor, we are super excited to see everyone again, but please keep in mind, that even though Manitoba has done extremely well and minimizing the impact of COVID-19 it's not time to simply ignore all that we have done.
Based on the success of the live classes, and our comfort with keeping everyone safe, we will continue to add more and more of them and increase the class sizes, under the new restrictions we can have up to 20 class attendees.
Social distancing has been working, it has kept us safe. Rushing out in our excitement to see each other is not the way to respect all that has been sacrificed to keep our province and our families safe.
Let's train hard together, but do it safely!
Here is the link to tonight's online class: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1488302633